27 FUN NEW BRITISH COZY MYSTERIES IN OCTOBER 2022
In some cases, we earn commissions from affiliate links in our posts.
Thousands of new books are released every month – and while it's great to know there's something for everyone, it can make it hard to find what you're looking for. To that end, we've gathered up a selection of the best new British cozy (or cosy, depending on your US/UK spelling preferences) mysteries coming out in October 2022.
Not sure what makes a cozy mystery? Basically, they're books – or TV shows – which offer a kinder, gentler sort of murder. They don't dive into the killer's darkest thoughts, there's no gruesome murder description, and they aren't full of swearing and sex. Often, there's an element of comedy. In recent years, many have gotten somewhat more relaxed about sex and swearing, but they're still pretty tame on the whole.
If you like accurate descriptions of police procedure, realistic homicide rates, and deranged serial killers, this is not the genre for you. On the other hand, if you like the feeling of solving a mystery alongside a group of friends you return to over and over, you should definitely give cozies a try. They offer a wonderful balance of character and puzzle, and they aren't likely to leave you with nightmares.
27 Fun New British Cozy Mysteries Coming Out in OCTOBER 2022
You can click the name of any title below to get to its Amazon page. Though we've linked to ebook formats in most cases, you can choose any of the available formats once you're over there.
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 2
- The Missing Pets Mystery (Supermarket Mysteries, Book 2) by Rachel Ward
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 3
- The Brighton Murders (Camille Divine Murder Mysteries, Book 3) by Andrea Hicks
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 4
- Every Witch Way but Wolf (Magical Misfits, Book 4) by K.E. O’Connor
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 7
- Cornish Pasty Conspiracy: The Killing in the Filling (Albert Smith’s Culinary Capers, Book 13) by Steve Higgs
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 10
- Terror at Thornbridge Hotel (Firefly Junction Cozy Mysteries, Book 15) by London Lovett
- The Case of the Deadly Truffles (Annie Archer Paranormal Mysteries, Book 1) by Daisy Landish
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 11
- The Christmas Caper: A Secret Staircase Mystery Short Story by Gigi Pandian
- The Happy Christmas Caper (Cozy Beatles Mystery, Book 5) by Kal Smagh
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 14
- Undecided (Chef Dani Rosetti, Book 9) by Dianne Harman
New British Cozy Mysteries on october 18
- A Cast of Falcons (Nell Ward Mysteries, Book 2) by Sarah Yarwood-Lovett
- IRISH: A Diet of Death (Jess O’Malley Mysteries, Book 1) by Jinny Alexander
- Badgered to Death (Wildwood Witch Mysteries, Book 6) by Elle Adams
- Villainy at the Village Store (Coombesford Chronicles, Book 2) by Elizabeth Ducie
New British Cozy Mysteries on October 19
- IRISH: How to Pursue a DNA Clue (Mags and Biddy Genealogy Mysteries, Book 6) by Eliza Watson
- Murder on Board (Miss Underhay Mysteries, Book 10) by Helena Dixon
- Spruced up for Murder (Right Royal Cozy Investigations, Book 1) by Helen Golden
New British Cozy Mysteries on October 21
- Naked Murder (Sanford Third Age Club Mysteries, Book 25) by David W. Robinson
New British Cozy Mysteries on October 25
- A Murder at Balmoral by Chris McGeorge
- A Trace of Poison (Phyllida Bright Mysteries, Book 2) by Colleen Cambridge
- Marshmallows and Memories (Peridale Cafe Cozy Mysteries, Book 25) by Agatha Frost
- Murder at the Majestic Hotel (Stella and Lyndy Mysteries, Book 4) by Clara McKenna
- Murder at the Tower of London (Kitty Worthington Mysteries, Book 4) by Magda Alexander
- Thistlewood Manor (Eliza Montagu Mysteries, Book 1) by Fiona Grace
New British Cozy Mysteries on October 27
- The Cat Who Caught a Killer by L T Shearer
- Devil's Delight (Agatha Raisin, Book 33) by M.C. Beaton with R.W. Green (Beaton passed the series off to Green just before she died) – UK Premiere only, will premiere in the US in December but it's available to pre-order now in either country
New British Cozy Mysteries on October 31
- A Newly-Webs Midlife (Witching After Forty Book 14) by Lia Davis & L.A Boruff
- A Roaring Murder (Lady Marigold’s 1920s Murder Mysteries, Book 1) by Ava Ness
Looking for More British Mysteries to Enjoy?
Looking for more gentle British mysteries like these? Try some of the other posts on our site:
- 31 New British Cozy Mysteries in September 2022
- 14 of the Best New British Mysteries for Autumn 2022
- 10 Fun New British Cosy Mysteries in August 2022
- 14 Delightful New British Cosy Mysteries for July 2022
- 14 Mystery Novels Set in Edinburgh
- Books for People Who Liked Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club
- 11 Great British Christmas Mystery Novels
Save it to Pinterest!