31 BRILLIANT NEW BRITISH COZY MYSTERIES IN SEPTEMBER 2022
In some cases, we earn commissions from affiliate links in our posts.
Thousands of new books are released every month – and while it's great to know there's something for everyone, it can make it hard to find your favourites and discover new ones. To help, we've gathered up a selection of the best new British cozy (or cosy, depending on your US/UK spelling preferences) mysteries coming out in September 2022.
Not sure what a cozy mystery is? Basically, they're books – or TV shows – which offer a kinder, gentler sort of murder. They don't go deeply inside the killer's most gruesome thoughts, they don't describe the killing in painstaking detail, and they aren't full of swearing and sex. In recent years, many have gotten somewhat more relaxed about sex and swearing, but they're still pretty tame on the whole.
In most cases, cozies have an amateur sleuth or detective figure – though there are a few rare cases (like the Hamish Macbeth series) where a police professional solves the cases. Though there are a few rare exceptions, most of these types of novels are set in small towns, villages, and out of the way places.
Occasionally, you'll see one set within a small community or sub-culture within a city, but that's not very common. Sometimes, you see it with historical mysteries or mysteries where the sleuth is a member of the clergy.
If you like accurate descriptions of police procedure, realistic homicide rates, and deranged serial killers, this is not the genre for you. On the other hand, if you like the feeling of dwelling amongst a group of friends you can come back to over and over, you should definitely give cozies a try. They offer a wonderful balance of character and puzzle, and they aren't likely to leave you laying awake at night worrying about murderers.
31 Brilliant New British Cozy Mysteries Coming Out in SEPTEMBER 2022
You can click the name of any title below to get to its Amazon page. Though we've linked to ebook formats in most cases, you can choose from the available formats once you're over there.
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 1
- Death at the Royal Collection (Mystery Hunter, Book 3) by Eugenie D. West
- Murder in a Mill Town (Kitt Hartley Yorkshire Mysteries, Book 7) by Helen Cox
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 6
- A Song of Comfortable Chairs (No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, Book 23) by Alexander McCall Smith
- Back to the Garden by Laurie R. King
- Kate Shackleton’s First Case by Frances Brody
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 7
- Murder in the Library (Julia Bird, Book 2) by Katie Gayle
- Pets, Pens & Murder (Dickens & Christie, Book 7) by Kathy Manos Penn
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 9
- Moors The Pity (Charlene Montgomery, Book 4) by J Caldwell
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 12
- A Twist of Fete in Lower Dimblebrook (Isabelle Darby Cozy Village, Book 4) by Julie Butterfield
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 13
- Marple: Twelve New Mysteries (Miss Marple Mysteries)
- Witch on the Run (Blair Wilkes, Book 14) by Elle Adams
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 14
- Danger in Edinburgh (British Book Tour Mysteries, Book 4) by Emma Dakin
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 15
- Beast-Laid Plans (Beaufort Scales, Book 7) by Kim M. Watt
- Death at Applewick Schoolhouse (Applewick Village, Book 1) by Sue Fortin
- Prussian in Peril (Pepper and Osiris, Book 2) by Daphne Hunt
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 18
- A Spooky Little Murder (Violet Carlyle, Book 37) by Beth Byers
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 20
- Deadly Rescue (Deadly Series, Book 9) by Kate Parker
- Murdered on Halloween (Jane and Kennedy Daniels, Book 1) by Daisy Landish
- The Bullet That Missed (Thursday Murder Club, Book 3) by Richard Osman
RELATED: 9 Charming British Mystery Novels Like Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club Series
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 21
- Mistletoe Murder (Christmas Cozy Mysteries, Book 4) by Mona Marple
- Death Among the Diamonds (Cressida Fawcett Mysteries, Book 1) by Fliss Chester
- Death up the Aisle (Mrs Mortimer Mysteries, Book 1) by Elizabeth Oakey
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 22
- Death on the Menu (Adam and Eve, Book 3) by Emma Davies
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 26
- Daggers at the Country Fair (Martha Miller, Book 2) by Catherine Coles
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 27
- Murder at the Serpentine Bridge (Wrexford & Sloane, Book 6) by Andrea Penrose
- Murder at the Weddings (Rosa Reed, Book 10) by Lee Strauss & Norm Strauss (Trans-Atlantic, British protagonist)
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 29
- A Death at Neptune Cove (Jemima Jago Series, Book 4) by Emma Jameson
- Veiled Vengeance (Shayla Murphy, Book 2) by Stella Bixby (British Isles: Ireland)
New British Cozy Mysteries on september 30
- Murder in the Dark (Mydworth Mysteries, Book 12) by Neil Richards and Matthew Costello
- A Walk In The Parkin (Baker’s Rise Mysteries, Book 7) by R.A. Hutchins
- Murder in India (Tommy & Evelyn Christie, Book 7) by Catherine Coles (Set in India, but the series and protagonists are largely British)
Looking for More British Cozy Mysteries to Enjoy?
Looking for more gentle British mysteries like these? Try some of the other posts on our site:
- 14 of the Best New British Mysteries for Autumn 2022
- 10 Fun New British Cosy Mysteries in August 2022
- 14 Delightful New British Cosy Mysteries for July 2022
- Books for People Who Liked Richard Osman's Thursday Murder Club
- 19 Delightful Cozy Mysteries Set in Scotland
- 11 Great British Christmas Mystery Novels
Save it to Pinterest!